View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 10:01 PM   #48 (permalink)
ThoriumHotdog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Turbo CRX si
ThoriumHotdog is a jewel in the roughThoriumHotdog is a jewel in the roughThoriumHotdog is a jewel in the roughThoriumHotdog is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
I ditched my WS6 because I figured the G20 would be cheaper to maintain. I have been VERY DISSAPOINTED regarding that.

However, it bends in like NO other. I was at the MD getting my yearly bloodwork/checkup stuff done and my Dad parked 1 car over from me. He didn't even recognize my car. I watched him walk back to his vehicle and he didn't even spare it a glance. Didn't even think that I was at the same MD at the same time as him. My WS6, he would have seen it/internalized the significance of it immediately.

My car blends in like you would not belive. It's a silver 4-door family car of early 2000's vintage. I don't have to be fast to run from the cops, just find a group of 3 or more other cars, lol. (joke, not serious).

I am going to keep the G20 and DD it instead of the 'vette or 370ZTT or whatever I get for the same reason. I don't want the attention, I don't want the jealousy, and I don't want to come out of the hospital one morning to see profanity etched to the fiberglass on my hood one morning. Ienjoy sports cars because I like how they perform and I view them as mobile, usable art. Not so I can impress anyone or pick up women. I don't even date. I just like sports cars and want to enjoy it without being messed with. This means garaging whatever I get except on my nights off and never letting it out of my sight otherwise. Image doesn't mean a damn to me. I traded my '95 Trans Am for an '88 GT a while back. Everyone told me women would hate the GT in comparison (and they did), and I didn't care one whit.

Thats why I asked. The blending in with the other cars can be pretty useful.
ThoriumHotdog is offline   Reply With Quote