View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 03:04 PM   #131 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

the guy that owns the shop that did the alarm install on my 370z has a bunch of corvettes and races and all that.. He was probably in his late 50's. he said that he and his wife chose cars over having children, and as much as he loves cars, he thinks deep down he made the wrong decision.

just some perspective...

I think that liking cars and wanting to buy a lot of 'toys' is no reason not to get married and have kids. I mean, if deep down its someting you really don't want (marriage/children) then thats one thing, but if its because you are scarred that you wont be able to buy yourself as much stuff or have 'freedom' then i think thats silly. you just need to take charge of your relationship from the begining and not become complacent and always say 'OK whatever you want honey.' if you're not confident in your ability to do that then i guess its your loss. Theres such a thing as balance.

Theres plenty of guys on here with wives/kids. Yea, there some that come on to complain about the mod their wife wont let them buy or that they have to sell their car or whatever. But then there are guys like Kenchan and some others who have wives/kids and you don't hear them complaining. I think because they are strong willed people that know what they want and make that a reality. too many guys are too lazy to balance out their lives so they just settle for whatever happens. they know they aren't capable of having a woman/family AND their hobbies so they say either 'alright forget cars/hobbies/sports/etc i have a family.... or they say 'alright forget women and family, i want cars/hobbies/sports etc.
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote