View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 02:21 AM   #67 (permalink)
Greg
Track Member

Drives: 06 350 ZR CS
Greg has a reputation beyond reputeGreg has a reputation beyond reputeGreg has a reputation beyond reputeGreg has a reputation beyond reputeGreg has a reputation beyond reputeGreg has a reputation beyond reputeGreg has a reputation beyond reputeGreg has a reputation beyond reputeGreg has a reputation beyond reputeGreg has a reputation beyond reputeGreg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergoji View Post
well lets see. a 996 twin turbo started in i think 2000 and ended in 2004 i think.
it has awd, 420hp, dry sumped, racing brakes. and with 40-50k miles big freaking deal.

put another few G's into it and it'll be a monster.

the reason i say this is because why buy a Z for 40k when you can get into a TT porsche for the same money?

so you are telling me you wouldn't want one of these sitting in your driveway for the same money??

this one happens to be going for 44k with 44,000 miles. which with after taxes and all associated fees the nismo will be within a stone toss of. theres a silver one same year i believe going for $42,000 with 34,000 miles.

just sayin..

i love both porsche and nissan. but hey gimme a nismo for 35 and chuck a turbo kit on it and the porsche wont touch it.
LOL Man the 996 looks ancient.

Seriously though. With tax etc.. A near $50k+ or so for, imo a pretty well used (tired) car, that probably won't have any warranty left. A moderate risk at best.

Especially when you can get used 07+ 997tt's, some pretty much fully loaded (PCCB etc), under 10k miles, for $80 to $90k with warranty.

If your going to get a 6+ year old car like a porsche TT etc. Don't forget to have a decent amount of cash on hand for any unexpected hiccups the car may acquire.