View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 07:54 AM   #20 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussoori View Post
Is it true the AT transmission fluid never needs replacing according to Nissan? Also, what is the maintenance schedule for the diff. oil, or is that a "lifetime" oil too?

Thanks...
I think that depends mostly on how you drive. I would flush the AT fluid and replace somewhere between 60k and 100k depending, the flush technique is described in the service manual. I would only refill with Nissan ATF at this point. You need 2x the fluid for the flush.

For the rear-end, the viscous unit is sealed so you can only really change the fluid for the sake of the pinion and drive gears. It's not a bad idea to change it once after an extended break in, 5-10k, there is a fair bit of metallic debris on the drain magnet at this interval.