View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 09:08 PM   #36 (permalink)
crash1369
Enthusiast Member

Drives: C300 - 6spd
crash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond repute

I figured I should update this, I had started to a few times but decided against it... I am much less irritated now

After far to much time spent installing all these damn parts, I'm probably like 63% done now. I finally just got the steering wheel controls working, the phone buttons still don't but at this point I don't want to be bothered anymore. I did get the rest of them working now and they seem to work well, I'll see once I drive it tomorrow.
The radio interface isn't bothering me anymore, I guess I got used to the delay every time you hit a button. But I'm also not pressing them as often now that I have everything set and all the main controls can finally be accessed from the wheel now so that should help as well.

The only thing left is the backup camera, it still doesn't work but I think the camera is bad, seems the "Check your camera" message was a statement not a question. They are sending me a new one so hopefully I can just plug it in and go. Based on the suggestions in another thread I did get the Reverse interrupt turned on, I had to put the car in reverse and then hit the button. It seems to be saved now but it still doesn't do anything when I put it in reverse, I'll try it again once I get the camera to work and worry about it then
"At no point during your rambling, incoherent response did you ever come close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. We are all now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul."
crash1369 is offline   Reply With Quote