View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 05:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
TreeSemdyZee
Premium Member

Drives: '09 370 & ‘14 Juke
TreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a 9960 also with the Kenwood CMOS300. I ran the green reverse wire to the back of the car and connected to the backup light wire.

As far as power, I connected within the center console (between the seats) to accessory power.
Many guys have run the power to the backup light line, but the problem with that is that only time you can turn the camera on is when you are in reverse. The 9960 has the ability to view the camera by hitting "AUD" button at the bottom of the HU. By using the accessory power, you basically have two switches to view the camera. 1. The AUD button or 2. putting the car in reverse.

I used the power that goes to the "cigarette lighter" (or whatever it's called) that is under the lid on the armrest.
TreeSemdyZee is offline   Reply With Quote