View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 11:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
mrwhipels
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z mb
mrwhipels is on a distinguished road
Default New z damaged from dealer help!

If any one has any suggestions I would appreciate the help.

So my story starts with my interest for a new 2010 z. I went to a few different dealers in the upstate new york area looking for a black z. One of the dealers had the cherry black one which I was not a fan of. So the other dealer said they could get me a black one. I gave them the deposit and they went and got me the car. The car came in it was a black basic model. We did the deal and I drove the car off the lot. As soon as I turn on the high way my wife notice's a noise coming from the back of the car. It sounded like an off balance rotational noise and I can pinpoint it at 60 mph. Also the car pulls to the right and the steering wheel is not straight. So I call the dealer up and bring the car back the very next day. They don't have a good explanation of why the car is doing this but they said they will take a look. So I leave the car for them to look at. They call me up and said they did an alignment and replaced the right rear tire because there was a little bit of rubber missing from the inner part of the tire. So I went back to the dealer and picked the car up.

Now I live in upstate new york and don't plan on driving the car in the winter.

So I took the car home and parked it in the drive way where it will sit till the spring. This was two weeks ago.

So this past weekend (New Year weekend) It was warm (50*) so I went out and started looking at the car just inspecting it and grasping what I will be driving in the spring. I was looking a the front bumper and checking out the front fangs when I noticed the smaller radiator on the right side of the car was smashed up and the fins were smashed to the left. I then started looking harder at the car and the under body. I looked under the front right part of the car underneath where the smashed up radiator is and I noticed the plastic is cracked in three different places and the little plastic flap in front of the tire is scraped to hell and so is the left side flap.

Now with all this damage I am seeing it looks like this car hit a massive pot hole or got in some sort of front end collision. And the way the plastic is cracked underneath there is no way somebody could have done that with out damaging the front bumper so I 99% sure the front bumper has been either replaced of repainted.

I called the dealer back up and the all the sales manger did was refer me to his service manger like it wasn't his problem and there wasn't anything he could do about it. I tried to get a hold of the service manger today but all I got was his voice mail and I have not received a call back.

I am planning on bringing the car in and asking to put it on the lift so we (Sales manger, technician, and sales guy) can look at the car together and see if there isn't more damage and how we are going to handle this.

I am looking for advise on the best way to handle this situation. Granted this was bought as a brand new car so one would think they are getting a brand new car without previous damage. At this point I don't want this car for fear of problems arriving later possibly after warranty since I don't plan on driving this car a lot only for pleasure.

I am also thinking about contacting a lawyer to find out what my rights are.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
mrwhipels is offline   Reply With Quote