View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 11:34 PM   #125 (permalink)
Nitrouz
Track Member

Drives: 40th Z, GTR, 420z-tt
Nitrouz has a spectacular aura aboutNitrouz has a spectacular aura aboutNitrouz has a spectacular aura about

So aside from buying myself a 370z and lots of parts for Christmas, yesterday I also bought myself a new camera. It's a Canon 60D with EFS 18-200mm IS lens. Also got myself a Manfrotto Carbon Fiber tripod.

I literally JUST picked it up and starting playing with it... I'm a VERY amateur photographer, but I'm going to be shooting my car a lot more this year. So I thought I'd do some testing out.

First pic is with shutter-priority of 30 sec, and second with Aperture-priority of F/3.5. Shot from my apartment window. First I zoomed a bit too much to try to not get my window frame in the shot, but as a result the trade off was depth of field, as I focused on the traffic but the buildings were not focused (shoulda been the other way around). Second I zoomed out to 18mm to try the F/3.5.

I'm excited to start doing more photoshoots this year and learn as I go! HKY you need to pop into my thread more often to give me some pointers lol...