View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 02:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cell
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garbage Truck
Cell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZ3 View Post
Only if you plan on keeping your Nismo stock forever vs other base/sport pkge stock forever Z's would this even have a little merit. Its the SAME ENGINE with a little more free flowing exhaust and a light tune. Its a drivers race man, SORRY... There also plenty of WAAY better exhausts and suspension mods out there than can be had then what the NISMO is equipped with...they are on the same playing field...like it or not... you paid a ton of extra cash for for sup par exhaust, tune, suspension tweaks. Most people who REALLy want to turn the Z into an all out track car dont go for the Nismo, they get a base and build...
Don't be ignorant about it. Just about ALL nismo owners bought the nismo because of the different look, not the exhaust, tune and suspension tweak. Just about all of us can care less for the exhaust, tune and suspension tweak.

People that plan to heavily mod the exterior should buy a base or touring and those who aren't modding the exterior has the option to buy the nismo. I love how the nismo looks. It is ten times better looking than the base. Of course looks is very subjective. Not just that but I and many other Z owners would never go for aftermarket body kits considering all the fitment issues you get. Nothing beats factory fit and finish.

I also had a chance to drive a base/auto with sports package. The feel is totally different from the nismo when it comes to turning and handling. As for the auto transmission, that thing is horrid with it's 2 second delay in response.

Last edited by Cell; 01-03-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Cell is offline   Reply With Quote