View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 01:39 PM   #18 (permalink)
Tray@Forged
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 05 Infiniti FX35,
Tray@Forged is on a distinguished road

I wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year from all of us at Forged! We are looking forward to another year of strong growth and exciting products and projects for 2011.

After running the OS Giken diff over a couple double hours on track, I've had a chance to really appreciate just how much better the car is over the stock differential. The OS Giken is the smoothest engaging full locking LSD I have ever used, and it's street manners are superb as well. There is no obnoxious snatching and grabbing during low speed parking lot maneuvers. On track, the diff transforms the car, and really allows me to come on the power sooner, and with more force without spinning the tires excessively. The vagueness and tentativeness of the rear end is completely gone, and replaced with smooth and consistent power delivery.

I had a chance to test the car at VIR and Road Atlanta with the differential in place, where I saw on average, a 3/4 second laptime improvement, even while running fairly worn out R888's vs. the newer rubber I had previously as a baseline. For the money, this is one heck of a bang for the buck. For about $2000 MSRP, this is a tremendous value. Especially when coupled with OSG"s general position that they have engineered these parts to last forever meaning should a problem occur, they stand 100% behind their product without question. We've been using the OSG products in many lines of vehicles, and I think it's one of the best kept secrets in the Porsche world.

Here are a few recent pics from VIR...enjoy!

Sharif
Tray@Forged is offline   Reply With Quote