View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 04:07 PM   #26 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinPark View Post
Ok, I'm to the point of taking the rotor off and its not budging - was wondering what exactly the bolt is that is circled in red in this picture:

Does that need to be removed to get the rotor off?

Thanks!
That bolt is just a spacer and is screwed into the rotor. It does not need to be removed or replaced, it is just there to prevent someone from installing a rear wheel on the front.

If it is not budging just try and get a little more aggressive with the rubber mallet. Spray some penetrating spray in between the hub and the rotor.

I worked on an old Ford a few years ago where the rotor had basically welded itself to the hub. I was hitting it with a 20lb sledge hammer (didn't care at that point) and there was no way it was coming off. I tried drilling and tapping the rotor and using bolts to try and push it off, no joy, they just snapped. In the end I had to remove the wheel hub from the spindle (another joy) and throw them both away together.

Yours isn't that old so a few good whacks should do it. Add some high temp anti-seize to the hub face for the new rotor.