View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 02:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
kellyefields
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Supercharged
kellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of light

The sunset orange went by the way of the dodo with the 350z. I do not believe that nissan plans to revive that color to my knowledge. Sounds like a custom paint job would be you only route. That being said unless nissan fixes their paint it would not be a bad idea to get a paint job for that custom look. Nissan paint is rather thin and is prone to chips more often than not. As far as a price for a custom color change it depends on what you want. I am looking at getting my black 370 repainted with a house of kolor black that looks like it will cost me upwards of 2k-3k depending on the painter. A full color change will cost more. A simpler way would to be to get a black z and go with orange highlites.

As far as the oil cooler you should not need one to drive long distances. The oil cooler issue is more for modified z's or ones on the track. Nissan does not see this as an issue and do not plan to put one on. If you would like one you could buy one for between 200 and 500 depending on size. you could also build one yourself. search the diy section for those parts you would need. Otherwise you do not need one the most that would happen is the car's computer would go into limp mode until the temps fall but you should never see that unless you are driving on the autobahn.

Welcome to the club and we expect to see pics once you get it.
kellyefields is offline   Reply With Quote