Thread: turbo vs s/c
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 11:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
G37sHKS
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 G37S Coupe 7AT
G37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
There are tons of reasons why one would choose one or the other, its definitely not just price. Although that is a factor. The fact of the matter is that the supporting mods on a TT system are also more expensive and so is the labor. The idea also was that the SC could easily do enough boost to blow the engine, so whats the point of getting the TT. However, like you've said, I don't know that most of us were expecting the torque to be so much lower with the SC kits. If I had the choice over again, I would think more about the TT kit. I would also add that I love my kit and I'm really happy with the way the car behaves. I feel that the power delivery of the SC will add to the long term longevity of the rest of the components like my clutch and transmission. Another thing to mention was that there's a lot less maintenance with the SC and a lot less places for things to go wrong. If you talk to anyone who tracks their car, that's worth soooo much more than the extra torque. I've had turbo cars in the past and loved the torque, but I don't think my SC is not as good, it is just different. It really depends on how you are going to use the car and what your priorities are.
+1

Im holding my horses for now and waiting for GTM stage2 SC

I dont really care about the HP.. 450 HP is more than enough.. but the torque is just not my taste..i mean.. 300 Torque is not enough for "FI project"

Maybe after GTM cracks the VVEL we will be able to see 400+ torque in Stage 1. If that what will happen, then ill really consider the SC over TT

Only time will tell.
G37sHKS is offline   Reply With Quote