View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 09:30 AM   #55 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj45 View Post
My car was an '06. The '08+ cars got a better steering rack (tighter clearances, I think), but the steering feel is only a little better. It's a bit sharper, but the weighting isn't that different. The spring mod (I'm not familiar with it) would likely give it some heft, though I doubt it would improve the feel all that much, if that's what one's after. As a side note, the Z06 clutch fluid needs to be kept clean or the pedal may stick to the floor following aggressive launches.
Correct. Turkey-baster. My WS6 was "supposedly" the same, but I never changed the fluid and it did fine for 75K miles the first time, and I sold it at about 70K from then. Never had an issue. I know others who think the same, but I suppose clean fluid is nice.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote