View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 09:06 AM   #44 (permalink)
rj45
Base Member

Drives: 40th Anniversary Z
rj45 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
Gotcha. Pretty impartial review, there. I appreciate it! I know what you mean about winding out the gears. My Trans Am wasn't that fast, but the gears were sorta tall. 3rd gear was over 100mph by a touch. You could get in trouble pretty fast regarding speed-limits.
Thing is, driving the Z06 at regular speeds isn't all that special. It lacks the character that other sports cars have. The steering's over boosted at slow speeds, the clutch is easy...it almost feels like a regular car. If you can't enjoy its power and speed, it's just not that special of an experience. In other words, it's not like a GT3, for example. Though not as good a daily driver, that car has a nice amount of character. Even driving it slowly, you can appreciate the car's purposeful controls (all have nice weighting), its special sound, solid feel, etc. It's a much more unique experience.

To tell you the truth, if I were in the market for another Corvette, I would probably get a GS. It would feel nearly the same as the Z06 driving it around town, it's plenty quick and it has the targa top.
rj45 is offline   Reply With Quote