View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 06:26 AM   #25 (permalink)
Kenny
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 Nissan 370Z
Kenny has a spectacular aura aboutKenny has a spectacular aura aboutKenny has a spectacular aura about

This thread has certainly taken on a life of it's own. To update some of you folks who chimed in, I did go back to the same dealership and signed the credit application. Even though I had zero intention of financing through Nissan or any of their preferred third parties, it's required. It's kinda like applying for a job, some workplaces run credit checks on potential employees.

The reason as it was explained to me and I'm not certain how true it is, the dealership is just making sure the money that I'm paying with isn't funny. They want to make sure I'm not a terrorist or laundering money for drug cartels. Because let's just say I have $50,000 in outstanding credit card debt or I just filed for bankruptcy; wouldn't it be fishy if I suddenly showed up at a dealership with an envelope stuffed with $34k? Perhaps I'm oversimplifying it and someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Ultimately I got what I wanted, my new Z. I'm definitely keeping a closer eye on my credit score on a monthly basis.