View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 12:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Dan Z Man
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 PG 370z
Dan Z Man is on a distinguished road

tony, i'm no expert at this, so please don't take what i say to heart, but let me explain.

a lot of people are always like "way to create an exhaust leak" "your valves are going to be shot after a couple miles" blah blah blah...

you know what though, i don't buy into that, what the hell is with the millions of people that buy a cat back exhaust, what about the people that buy an axle back exhaudt, what about header back, test pipe etc. etc. etc. etc.

really if you think about it, 1: it's not like you are running open header, you are only gapping the pipes from the back pipes/muffler, so it's as if you'r running axle back anyways correct?

for instance, i really really realllly want the aam axle back short exhaust, it's a muffle delete exhaust and looks amazing, saves weight, and basically, makes the car louder, well in all reality, that's like the washer mod, no? so for everyone that does and exhaust, are they going to burn up there valves in 200 miles??

i think with todays technology and strong motors, i'd say you'll be fine, again, i'm no expert, but that's my take on it.
Dan Z Man is offline   Reply With Quote