Thread: Paint chips !
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 09:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

I called the dealer about the chips on my hood, requested and spoke to the general manager.

He said he wants to take a look at it tomorrow and "see what he can do" - which, more than likely as I see it, will be to take me over to the parts counter and order some touch-up paint, which I already ordered a bottle today just before the parts-desk closed on my way to band practice (in my truck) ($8), thinking at the time there was nothing I could do about it, so I should just drop-fill it as best I can and go on (sadly, I SUCK at repairing paint) - or pay $400 (which is what a company said they'd charge)

It had 51 miles when I test-drove it. I think I've got 300 on it now. I bet they won't do anything...

How does one do an invisible repair? I was planning on either DIY w/ claybar and Zaino, or taking it to someone to have it detailed (involving a claybar) - if there's a blem, it'll stand out.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote