View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 02:49 PM   #403 (permalink)
slammiam
Base Member

Drives: jesus built hotrod
slammiam is on a distinguished road

This is why I married a psychologist. Our discussions tend to be more rational, and less emotional. I know it's been beat to death, but financially I can't understand how this purchase makes any sense. To me, I think you've been saving and making the smart fiscal decisions for your family up to this point. I understand the excitement you must feel, and the feelings that the Z inspires. Hell, when I first saw the JDM spyshots I was captivated. The reality is that it will push you backwards financially, and cause undue stress in your marriage. If I were you, I would get a second job. As a teacher, you have a three month break between the school years where you could earn a significant amount of income towards a purchase like this. However, I think your wife might find ways to spend it. If somehow you do purchase the vehicle, your wife will expect something nice as well. Just basic squaw psychology . Only you know your position, and we can only go on the information given...but I think you might have a challenge here sir.

Last edited by slammiam; 12-30-2010 at 02:53 PM.
slammiam is offline   Reply With Quote