View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 10:56 AM   #60 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z eliminator View Post
The Stillen SC ran a 12.8? @ 113. My 370z 7 AT with bolt ons run 12.800 and traps at 112.7. Lets just say the guy driving the car could have done a better job of driving it.
Im hoping to go 11.7s with my GTM stage 2. The stock torque converter is killing my car and i now have a gtm 2900 to 3200 rpm stall converter. This should take me down to 12.6's with bolt ons. You guys should remember is easy to go fast on the street but its really hard to get a good time at the drag strip. It requires a lot of skill and you have to know your car and how it runs. I have run 13.35 one pass and a 12.80 the next pass.
If you run the 370z and do not let it cool down for an hour it will not run faster, it will go slower on the next pass. Heat just kills the 3.7 engine.
I feel that i would give a stock 400 hp 2006 corvette a good race at the track. It would be a drivers race. My 4.08 gear sets up makes a big difference.
You guys are going to have to wait till May 2011 to see what my GTM stage 2 will run at the 1/4 mile in.
Jnauts 370 z would eat the corvette at the track.
Z
Well, he ran a mid 13@104 or something in stock form. You can't blame the trap speed on the driver by THAT much of a margin.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote