View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 03:18 AM   #227 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunerz_Store View Post
The manufacturer is NOT the gospel. They implement those ideas to keep from having to fix their product and loose money. Go out and dump a qt of oil on the ground and then try to explain where that much would go from inside a sealed engine that doesn't leak or smoke in 1k miles. That is not normal and if it were normal, there would not be TSB's to cover oil consumption issues nor would dealerships be allowed to begin the process of oil consumption tests.

Someone asked what the mm chart represented as far as quarts and the answer is 8mm is approximately a touch more than 1/4 of a qt. The amount of space between H ~ L is 30mm, between the hash marks is 24mm.

Most people don't understand that dealerships would love to replace your engine as they get paid by Nissan for warranty work. When I had my engine replaced in my 04 G, I had no problems with getting a replacement block and that year vehicle DID NOT have a TSB to cover oil consumption.
Dealerships and their employee's get paid a lot less for warranty work, and that takes away from money they could be making doing non-warranty work, and if they have too much warranty work, it looks bad to corporate. They are not clamboring to replace your stuff. You just got lucky/found a great dealership that went to bat for you.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote