Thread: Yellow vs Blue
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 06:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 280z/300zx View Post
metalic wine, aka maroon.
Well, it's a tough choice. I went with blue, but I think the yellow is gorgeous as well. You could go with yellow on the basis of keeping things consistent with your 280, but you could just as easily go with blue on the basis of wanting to have variety. Now, you're in Nevada. I'm guessing pollen isn't an issue in the Spring like it is in my area. Every Spring, our cars just get coated with this layer of yellow pollen, and that's when I think how nice it'd be to have a yellow car. But if you don't get a lot of pollen, then this doesn't come into play. I don't know, man. Both colors are great; I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Personally, I went with blue because blue's my favorite color. But I also chose blue because that color has always had a calming effect on me, whereas yellow is more of a bold, in your face kind of color (at least this shade of yellow). Nothing wrong with that, except I don't always want the volume dialed up at 10, know what I mean? The blue is bright and eye catching, yet it's also calming, especially when it gets darker out, as the hue deepens as light diminishes. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the only thing I didn't like so much about the yellow is that it's 'always-on'. And sometimes, I'm just not in that kind of mood. The blue is more mood-versatile, if that makes any sense.
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote