View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 03:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
The real question here is, do you (OP) even know what you are talking about?
I do not have anengineering degree, but I can tell you when Ford increased torsional rigidity in the mustang for the 2005's by 31%, the result was very tactile. The whole car felt different for it, and creaked a lot less. Most cars I have been in that are "supposed" to be very rigid, feel floppy to me, like the C6 corvette. I looked up the rigidity, and it was lower than that of a cobalt, coming in at around something like 9100 nm/* (This was for the C5, which the C6 is SLIGHTLY more rigid than, but not too much so), IIRC. GM usually does their stuff in Hz, which I do not understand nearly as well as nm/* or other torque per degree measurements. I do know that higher is better, and can feel the difference in a car when I drive it.

Newton...measure of force. Newton meter per degree (Nm/Deg). Number of newtons required when using a leverage point 1m long to effect a 1* change in alignment along the axis of a structure (My personal definition, feel free to correct my ignorance if it has exposed itself).
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote