View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 12:29 AM   #173 (permalink)
cames4
Base Member

Drives: 2014 Z-Touring Stick
cames4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmike View Post
It's not mentioned in the thread, but I have to add the wax that I've been trying for the past two months: Turtle Wax Ice.

Now I know, it's not Mothers, or McGuire's, or Zaino. I've been using NXT and Gold Class for a while now. But, a friend of mine told me I should try the Ice, and the part that sold me on it was that you can get it on plastic and rubber trim, and it doesn't leave white residue behind.

So What, you say? Well, it is a nice feature, and I thought it would be good enough for my MINI at least, which has black plastic fender arches that show wax horribly and are really difficult to clean due to their texture.

Anyway, the wax is easy to apply as you'd expect, and the shine is deep and rich. But the amazing thing to me is the staying power of this wax. I went to wash the car today after two winter months, and the water beaded up and ran off as if I had just waxed the car. Now granted, the car is garaged, and I don't drive it every day. Still, to go through typical winter weather and come out with this sort of staying power is pretty impressive.

I made a short video so you can see how the car looks and how the water beads up and runs off, even when the hose is really running:

Turtle Wax Ice demo after two months
I know that I am no expert on wax but I have tried many including Mothers, Nu-Finish, and Ice (and 10-20 waxes in-between). For years I thought that Nu-Finish was the best but as you point out regarding some wax's, DO NOT get it on plastic. I bought and used Ice on my daughters SMART car as it was recommended to be safe on the plastic panels. After one year, the car shines better than it did when it was new.

I got my Nissan Z and refused to pay dealer prep so I used Ice on the car.... 3 months later; amazing. Now, I am not a show-car guy nor a "wax" pro but I will attest to the the ease, shine, and durabilty of this wax for the common user,,,

OK experts, let me know where I have gone astray besides telling me that I must use some paste wax that will take me days to apply and require multiple coats...... I like it as I like my Z; fast, clean, easy, and long lasting........
cames4 is offline   Reply With Quote