Thread: CAI are fine
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 09:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
It is an old argument from the muscle car world when some people had issues and the thought was the K&N filters caused it because they were not filtering air properly.
I have seen it being an issue with an engine, but at the same time the filter had not been cleaned in 40k miles.

On the topic of warranty. Stillen works closely with many dealerships to help sell their parts. Does Nissan warranty any or recommend it? No, it is just another part the parts division sells to make a profit.
I read about it from a guy's experience racing porsches and measuring leak-down after each race, actually. It was backed up by every other test I have seen as well. This one, for example:

Filtration Testing for Amsoil, K&N, Napa, Jackson Racing, Baldwin, and Mazda air filters on a Miata
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote