Thread: SL's on a PW Z
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 06:50 PM   #30 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

The SLs have machined lip and center area, with painted spokes... and then the painted spokes and machined lip have a tinted clear coat on them.

They are very... iridescent (if thats the proper word), the lighting has a strong impact on their shade/color. with direct lighting they can almost get to silver, and indirect light they can look just about black.... and of course anything in between. some angles reflects very light color back at me with the surfaces facing me, and the surfacing facing other directions fade to almost black. its a lot more indepth in person than it is in photos.

the last week i have been going back and forth on the idea of having a matte clear coat sprayed over might before putting the tires on.