View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 11:01 AM   #52 (permalink)
FricFrac
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 300ZX 280ZX 240
FricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to FricFrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUTurboTiger View Post
I guess I will add a little something for the people who haven't bought a Z and are weighing this issue. The last thing I want to do is discourage someone who wants a 370Z from buying one. much less 25 people. lol.

I have had my black 370Z for 5 months. I have 6000+ miles on the car. I live in Orlando FL. Its hot here, most days now we are in the 90s - 95, 96 etc. I drive 60 miles a day. approx 10 miles of that is in bumper to bumper 5 mph traffic. when the traffic is moving I occasionally (not often) forget and have the car in 5th or even 4th gear on the highway. As I approach my home I hit 5-7 miles of open road and I drive it hard. I drive it hard whenever I get the chance.

My car has never reached 260 oil temp. not even close to be honest with you.

IMO unless you are going to track the car, its a non-issue. I have yet to have this issue affect me and I am the farthest thing from a conservative driver. I also am not going to track my daily driver so its a total non-issue for me. When they offer it, and they will I bet, I will probably buy the NISMO cooler just for peace of mind, but IMO its not needed for most daily driven cars. I can't imagine many places hotter than Orlando FL, probably Arizona.

I love my 370Z. Its been fun since day 1. I don't regret getting it at all even if they never offer an oil cooler. Track guys may feel different.
Agreed. While I'm hoping Nissan will address the issue it would have absolutely no bearing as to whether I bought the car or not. In the grand scheme of things this is a very minor issue. The cost/performaance/looks of the vehicle IMHO are an incredible value not to mention the long history of the line itself. I think the car is along the same stature as the 240Z and the 300ZXTT. I'm also enjoying the rarity of the vehicle although it would be nice to have a few more local enthusiest