View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 10:21 AM   #49 (permalink)
SiXK
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z / 91 300ZXTT
SiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I will add a little something for the people who haven't bought a Z and are weighing this issue. The last thing I want to do is discourage someone who wants a 370Z from buying one. much less 25 people. lol.

I have had my black 370Z for 5 months. I have 6000+ miles on the car. I live in Orlando FL. Its hot here, most days now we are in the 90s - 95, 96 etc. I drive 60 miles a day. approx 10 miles of that is in bumper to bumper 5 mph traffic. when the traffic is moving I occasionally (not often) forget and have the car in 5th or even 4th gear on the highway. As I approach my home I hit 5-7 miles of open road and I drive it hard. I drive it hard whenever I get the chance.

My car has never reached 260 oil temp. not even close to be honest with you.

IMO unless you are going to track the car, its a non-issue. I have yet to have this issue affect me and I am the farthest thing from a conservative driver. I also am not going to track my daily driver so its a total non-issue for me. When they offer it, and they will I bet, I will probably buy the NISMO cooler just for peace of mind, but IMO its not needed for most daily driven cars. I can't imagine many places hotter than Orlando FL, probably Arizona.

I love my 370Z. Its been fun since day 1. I don't regret getting it at all even if they never offer an oil cooler. Track guys may feel different.

Last edited by SiXK; 06-08-2009 at 10:31 AM.