View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 10:17 AM   #48 (permalink)
Robert_Nash
Track Member

Drives: '14 Q60IPL/'14Armada
Robert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cave vulture View Post
Does the oil temp run about the same with automatics as sticks?
For all - there is a sticky thread at the top of this forum section dedicated to the "oil overheating issue" with over 41 pages of posts - so please, let's not turn this thread into yet another "oil temperature" thread.

As for the "low sales numbers" I think some people are vastly over simplifying what makes sales numbers what they are; especially now as the new vehicle market for the world as well as the U.S. has been in truly uncharted waters for nearly a year and I would caution against making any assumptions about sales numbers right now no matter where they come from or what vehicles are involved.

Further, enthusiasts (of any make/model) like you and me also tend to grossly overestimate the amount of influence they carry; tending to think that if they are concerned about an issue the entire population of buyers/potential buyers must feel the same way or be equally concerned; this is simply rarely the case.

With that said, please understand that it's not my intent to discount legitimate feelings/concerns about the engine oil temperature on the 370Z but I doubt that more than one in one-thousand potential 370 buyers have either heard of this forum or of the "oil temp issue".

Last edited by Robert_Nash; 06-08-2009 at 10:36 AM.