Thread: theDreamer's Z
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 09:56 AM   #25 (permalink)
rednek01
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Mustang GT
rednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond reputerednek01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRich View Post
So I guess you don't feel the torque applied during removal of the knob will have any adverse affect on the shifter, transmission, etc.
When I removed the shifter knob (thats me under Dreamer's car! ) it did take a decent amount of effort, however I seriously doubt you are going to hurt the shifter linkage by removing the knob so I wasn't worried about it and wouldn't worry about hurting anything. The install was super easy I didn't have to move the center console at all. The only tedious part was filing the bottom of the shifter cup so that it would allow the short throw to engage reverse. One word of advice tho is the boot underneath that covers the linkage is tricky to get on and the lip it sits in is a machined lip that is very sharp and I cut myself a couple times getting it back on there.

All in all it was easy and really improved the driving experience. The shifts are more distinct and there isn't a rubber feel to them anymore.
rednek01 is offline   Reply With Quote