Thread: Black Ice
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 04:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaZt 1 View Post
Was heading home from some holiday shopping as I knew we had potential for freezing rain. Roads seemed fine, but as I came over the crest of a small hill that was exposed to the wind, my car suddenly broke loose and started heading towards the curb, corrected and got enough traction and car went left, still sliding, into the opposite lane. Could see headlights ahead, corrected, started sliding right towards the curb again (all the while seeming to pick up momentum as i started down the hill), once again corrected and back into the on coming lane. Finally caught traction and got it under control in time to get back in my lane.

I have been driving a long time and have a lot of snow experience, but I have never gotten that out of control so suddenly. I was literally at the point where I knew I wasn't going to be able to save it anymore when it finally got some traction. Man, what a ride.

Moral, DO NOT go out when it might freeze!
Lol, experience will also teach to get the right tires and car for freezing conditions.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote