View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 04:38 PM   #51 (permalink)
daisuke149
My *** is famous!

Drives: 2013 Boss 302 PW
daisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to daisuke149

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeOne View Post
I read the thread... I just don't see why they cost $500.

Maybe I'm being too harsh, but it doesn't seem like they would be worth that much money. Just from looking at those pictures, it looks like they were put together with a MIG welder and then sanded to get that shiny finish. You can see the splatter in the welds...

I really appreciate the reply, but what makes you think that these make more power than other test pipes? From the description on their site it seems the main selling point is that they are louder than stock, but not as loud as test pipes...
if you had a chance to follow Keastley's history you'd see that hes gone through just about every test pipe and/or HFC. So hes experienced / seen them all to know how they sound, feel and look up close.

Plus the benifit of these are the side branch helmholtz resonators which are more than just sound baffles, they serve a function with the air flow as well. Someone posted a proper text book description i think a page or two back.
daisuke149 is offline   Reply With Quote