View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 01:35 AM   #46 (permalink)
tru_Asiatik
Track Member

Drives: 2009 370Z 6MT
tru_Asiatik has a reputation beyond reputetru_Asiatik has a reputation beyond reputetru_Asiatik has a reputation beyond reputetru_Asiatik has a reputation beyond reputetru_Asiatik has a reputation beyond reputetru_Asiatik has a reputation beyond reputetru_Asiatik has a reputation beyond reputetru_Asiatik has a reputation beyond reputetru_Asiatik has a reputation beyond reputetru_Asiatik has a reputation beyond reputetru_Asiatik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeasl View Post
Gang,

Is this a 370 problem only or was it there on the 350 also? Oh we don't know, is that the answer? Why don't we know? I'll bet I may have the answer? The 350 didn't have an Oil Temp Gage and the 370 does. If that is the answer then I have a solution for the over heating problem on the 370? PUT SOME MASKING TAPE OVER THE GAGE SO YOU DON'T SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Problem solved............

BTW you naysayers are all alike.......... My dear old departed Grandmother used to say "If you can't say something nice about someone (in this case the 370) don't say anything at all". Also if you can't afford it or can't get a loan for it why don't you take your jealousy and just leave this forum to those of us who do enjoy it.

Hang on a second so I can get my flame suit on. Okay, got it on so flame away.
thats what i heard as well...not a lot of 350 owners have oil temp gauges
so so far i have not read anyone testing the 350 motors for oil temps
i bet its probably normal for the vq motor to have high oil temp

me personally im not really thinking about it that much
i dont track my car but i do drive it hard and have taken it to several canyon runs i think highest ive seen is 240/250 but it cooled down preety quickly
in so cali traffic(ive sat thru 2-3 hour traffic during the afternoon heat) im at 220-235

so for thos holding off purchasing thats your choice
i am very happy with mine

Stillen G3 CAI*Stillen CBE*Berk's HFC*Eibach Prokit*Hotchkis Sways*ichiba 15/20mm spacers*? Oil cooler*Stillen Pulley*Stillen Headers