View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 11:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
nicole
Base Member

Drives: 2003 Nissan 350z
nicole is on a distinguished road
Default 5th and 6th Gears Grind

I somewhat recently bought my 350z at the end of February, and since I've owned it 5th and 6th gear grind when I shift in to them. I can get around this by double clutching, but occasionally even then it still grinds. I've been told this was a problem due to the sync rows? I guess I would just like to know the possible problem, and the cost.

Also, I replaced my clutch with an aftermarket one, and the shop had to replace my flywheel (another aftermarket piece as well), due to messing it up themselves. Since then, I've noticed a weird scraping noise occasionally. It seems to occur more at slower speeds. I'm assuming it's the flywheel, but what did they do to it to make it sound like that? Did they just install it wrong?

I currently don't have to drive my car due to a temporary move, but I'm planning on fixing these issues when I get back. Mind you, I'm young and don't have the luxury of dropping cash to get these issues fixed on the spot, I have to save. I've been told around 1500, and I just want to know if this is an accurate estimate so I'm prepared.
nicole is offline   Reply With Quote