View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 07:51 AM   #4178 (permalink)
4r3s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Touring 370z
4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
What tires did you get? I have the Dunlop Wintersport M3s in 245/45/18 and got to drive around in the snow last week and they are awesome. Steep *** hill with 2.5" or so of snow was no problem from a stop. With some sand bags in the trunk it'd be even better.

Stopping and cornering traction is incredible compared to a all-season. The tires almost inspire too much confidence, but they make snow-packed roads ridiculously fun.
I got Michelin X-Ice Xi2 tires. Couldn't tell you how they are in the snow yet but they are probably about half as loud as the stock Z tires are. I will say they have made a big difference in grip on the dry roads though with our current temperatures. I don't get that tire hop either now with really sharp steering and I don't feel like I'm riding on 4 gigantic hockey pucks. Going to be ordering some RS-D wheels sometime within the next month so I can be ready when summer time hits!