View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 08:30 AM   #70 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsnMR2 View Post
If you want a z06 you just have to disregard the interior.. The car is fast, looks great, sounds great, grabs attention, is reliable, and does not rape you in insurance. So the interior squeaks a bit.. Oh well..

Just be prepared for crappy traction with the stock goodyears. Esp if it is cold at all outside. I was in 3rd gear doing 65 mph on the freeway and punched it. Next thing I knew I was pointing toward the center divide. The car snapped out of it easily, but still. The car only has a Corsa cat back, high flow catted x-pipe, and an intake. ( about to get some long tubes )

I have a set of 345/30/19 Nitto NT05R's sitting in the garage, waiting to be installed when the weather gets better. Should not have any traction issues then
Careful. A friend of mine flipped his C5 3x driving with a DR on the street. I am guessing the NT05 is a DR by the "R" designation? If so, stay away if you EVER think you might be in the rain. If not, go for it.

Well, considering a 370Z will turn on the low-trac light punching it in 2nd or 3rd gear as well, I think a car with @ 175% the power can get away with it without me being too upset, lol.

The interior is dated. I think if you look at the new Cruze (*SP), you will see what GM is capable of and will likely do in the C7.

*PS. Were the exhaust mods worth giving up a 5/100 warranty for, in your opinion?
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote