View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 05:47 PM   #66 (permalink)
JsnMR2
Base Member

Drives: 93' MR2 800 RWHP
JsnMR2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
I like the interior of the 370Z more, but the exterior of the 'vette. I would rather have a car with a bit lower class interior that won't look like some hick with a shotgun attacked the front of it in 2 years. Besides, I can't find a Z on a lot without scratches almost through the clear already. So there are your 2 major QC issues with both cars, imo: 370Z has a great interior, but needs a paint-job. The Z06 has awesome paint, but needs better seats. Several 370Z formers have already stated the material/fit are equal in the newer Z06's to the 370Z. I don't quite think so, but then the Z's I drove were apparently freaks as they didn't rattle or have a single sqeak, and I see people on here whining about that all the time. I think part of it is people "see what they expect", basically.

I remember when the 350Z came out and everyone said my WS6 was crap and had a horrible interior. So I rode in a 350Z my friend had. It had scratches all in the plastic door panels, no leather inserts like my WS6, rattled WAY worse with only 1/2 the miles my car had, and in general was just a piece of junk. Yet all I read about online was "my shitty american car is made of plastic and the 350Z is so nice." FFwd a few years and now we have "The 370Z is so nice and the 350Z sucks and blah blah blah". So really, it's just perception. Go drive/look at/sit in both and then form your own conclusion about whether or not it works for you.
If you want a z06 you just have to disregard the interior.. The car is fast, looks great, sounds great, grabs attention, is reliable, and does not rape you in insurance. So the interior squeaks a bit.. Oh well..

Just be prepared for crappy traction with the stock goodyears. Esp if it is cold at all outside. I was in 3rd gear doing 65 mph on the freeway and punched it. Next thing I knew I was pointing toward the center divide. The car snapped out of it easily, but still. The car only has a Corsa cat back, high flow catted x-pipe, and an intake. ( about to get some long tubes )

I have a set of 345/30/19 Nitto NT05R's sitting in the garage, waiting to be installed when the weather gets better. Should not have any traction issues then