Thread: CAI are fine
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 09:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Mt Tam I am
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z T/S/N 6MT & XKE
Mt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond repute
Default CAI are fine

I drove to my Nissan dealership 40 miles from home yesterday, only to find the were closed for Xmas eve. I now had 1140 miles on my new short block and was down one quart of oil. I then drove to an auto parts store to find they do not carry ester oil. Then went to the Infiniti dealer only to find they had moved, and the new used Toyota dealership was too lazy to take down Infiniti awning. I found the new Infiniti dealership across the freeway, and was pleasantly surprised to find the parts guy remembered me, and my old 300 ZXtt from a former Datsun dealership. We talked about old friends etc.

Here is the meat and potatoes of why I write this:
The Infiniti dealership was selling Stillen CBE and Stillen Cold air intakes, and other Stillen parts, for the G37. People often wonder what will void a warranty. Apparently CAI are fine; therefore I will be getting a set come February when my Stillen bucks (coupons from December) become valuable.

By the end of the day, I had my 1200 miles of break in and could now listen to my new CBE wind up past 4000 rpm's. I am loving it. Seems quieter on the freeway and simply puts a smile on my face when I drive.

The new Hotchkis sways on middle rear setting may be fine, although it may very well be driver error, the rear end is much stiffer and have had minor hops or slips that may be due to the faster responsiveness of the front end (maybe oversteer?). I will get used to it or adjust them.

To one and all have a wonderful Christmas.
Nissan Motorsports 34R Oil Cooler. Stillen CBE. Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars. KW Variant 3 Coilover System. Stillen Gen3 CAI. Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Stillen Brake Ducts. Carbotech™ XP10/XP8 Pads. Z1 Front Rotors. Z1 Stainless Brake Lines. Two degrees of camber
Mt Tam I am is offline   Reply With Quote