View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 04:40 PM   #25 (permalink)
antennahead
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '07 Z4 "M" Roadster
antennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
The actual problem isn't really that bad if you don't regularly track the car. (To be fair, some would argue that point and note that they've hit high temps even in regular driving.) What has people so riled up is that even if you're willing to install your own aftermarket oil cooler at your own expense (which many people are), Nissan is taking the position that if you do that, they'll void your warranty. So it's adding insult to injury. First they don't bother equipping the Z with an oil cooler -- this when every Z that they released to the press for testing and evaluation was equipped with hidden oil coolers. Then they have the audacity to penalize us if we decide to add our own.
I agree, but to keep everyone in perspective, "if" you live in a hot climate zone, you can hit 260 pretty easy with "non-track" driving....... I have done it twice and wasn't pushing the car that hard. I've stated this in another thread....... I don't want a freebie, just make something available for purchase (Nismo or Nissan Motorsports), and if installed by the dealer don't invalidate the warranty. Simple enough.

John