View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 03:21 PM   #103 (permalink)
VCuomo
Track Member

Drives: BMW 335i Sport
VCuomo will become famous soon enoughVCuomo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FricFrac View Post
Unless I'm missing something that is a completely different story. None of the article I read mention anything about the oil cooler or that the mod had been performed. On the other hand the modified off-road truck is completely changed from stock and has had some serious modifications. The point being that the oil cooler mod was hidden whereas the monster truck modified lists all the mods done in the article. Two totaly different situations and not comparable.

This also isn't a performance mod that stresses the engine. Even if the car isn't tracked the oil cooler is benificial not only in keeping the temperature reasonable in heavy traffic, etc but also by increasing the oil capacity which dilutes contamination in the system.

I suspect Nissan is concerned about extensive agressive use of the engine. Agressive use will result in safety mode and prevent extensive agressive use however with the oil cooler agressive use can continue indefinately and the results are unknown. This is a new motor again from the 3.5l and the VVEL is really unproven still so I can understand their concerns. Regardless if this inference is true the fact remains that they were dishonest buy not disclaiming the use of the oil cooler in media vehicles. It was only discovered by accident and IIRC it was hidden in the wheel wells... but dont quote me on that ;P
One of the articles referenced on this forum stated that the 370Z that they were testing had an oil cooler installed by Nissan. I don't remember which one it was, maybe one of the other members will...
VCuomo is offline   Reply With Quote