Thread: Torn.
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 01:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
AK370Z
Administrator

Drives: 09 370Z MB Sports M6
AK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrosswhite View Post
As far as previous cars I have been a BMW person all my life (not that long as I am only 24, but hey.) I started out with an '82 633CSi when I was 16, then at about 21 I got a '98 328is that I set up for track use (suspension and lightening it up) but also used it for a daily driver so super hard suspension and noisy as hell does not bother me. After I was rear ended and put under an SUV I picked up a 528i that was too slow and soft for me but worked because my wife and I had just purchased a house and I didn't need to pick up a car payment. last June I was T-Boned by a kid (who was texting ) and now I drive a Chevy Avalanche (my wife convinced me that we needed a truck while I was on pain killers, and at the time I didn't care because my back was destroyed) and it is killing me.

Okay, sadly there is my history of cars. I still love BMW's but we bought my wife an '09 Altima and we had a great experience with Nissan so I am looking into other options. And its hard to find too many rwd cars anymore.
Sorry about the accidents and your back problems. Since you're a long time BMW admirer and have hx of back problems, I suggest you to get the BMW. It's a little softer than the Z (I believe) and you'll like the interior amenities. Also, since you mention the wife, it's more practical . (Z is one of the least practical car you can buy). You ARE correct, there's not many RWD sports car in the market. If you still like the Z and want to give it a try, I say take it out for a spin. Feel the power and suspension. If you like it, go for it. If it's too harsh or loud, then go with BMW.

As for hot oil temp, I could never go past 220 (240 max) with regular driving. You will need oil cooler if you track your car. Some dealers are respecting the warranty if you have the Nissan Motorsport oil cooler installed at their place. Once the Nismo unit comes out(which should be soon), then IT IS under Nissan warranty.
My Monterey Blue Z ll My Exhaust --> My Intake --> G3
Nissan's Official Response Regarding Oil Temp Issue: CLICK HERE
Need a Set of Cheap Winter wheels /Tires? Then Visit The Banner Link Below and Place Your Order. You'll Help Keep The370Z Alive.
AK370Z is offline   Reply With Quote