View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 05:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
phantom21
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Base+Sport 6M
phantom21 will become famous soon enough
Default Clunking/Knocking Noise from RF BC ER Coilover

Hey guys, I just finished up my install of BC ER coilovers and now have a clunking/knocking sound every time I hit a bump coming from the RF corner. Its hard to pinpoint what's making the noise but after several slow rolls it sounds like the spring is clunking under load; but still not sure. Now, I havent hardly been out of my driveway due to the noise. I did drive down my 1/4 mile access road and tossed the car side to side at about 20 mph and everything felt solid and tight. At first the noise sounded like something was bad loose, but I didnt get the feedback that this was the issue. I've taken the tire off 4 times and and recheck bolts and yanked on parts trying to find something loose with no way of duplicating the sound or pinpointed this problem. Being its Christmas Eve, there is no customer support available.

I've even check the sways, they dont seem to be the issue. From what I can tell there is no clearance issues and no rub.

So, until BC opens back up, can you guys throw ideas out there?

Thanks and have a Merry Christmas!

Wes
2009 PG 6spd Sport || 30% side tint, 15% rear || All Redline fluids || Berk HFC's intalled~PITA Bolt || Stillen G3's || Berk CBE || BC Racing Coilovers with 10K/12K Swift springs & RA valving|| SPL rear camber arms || 20mm/15mm spacers

Last edited by phantom21; 12-24-2010 at 09:30 PM.
phantom21 is offline   Reply With Quote