View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 12:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Kenny
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 Nissan 370Z
Kenny has a spectacular aura aboutKenny has a spectacular aura aboutKenny has a spectacular aura about
Default Credit Application but paying cash and using own credit union

Hey guys,

This is my first time buying a new car so I'm not sure how this works.

I got a quote for a 2011 manual gun metallic 370Z w/ sport package for $34k OTD.

I came in to their showroom around 30 mins before they closed, but they weren't in a rush to lock up. I chatted with them for a bit and I took the Z that I wanted out for a test drive.

I kept my enthusiasm to myself as the salesperson let me take it on the freeway. So it was all great and I wanted to buy.

So I sit down with the sales manager and we start talking about price. We agreed on $34k OTD. Since it was late and their finance dept. closed, they gave me credit application and asked me to sign it so they can create a "folder" for me. They also said it basically "locks-in" the car for you and they'll take it off the lot. It sounded sketchy and he said all CA dealers do it, it's required by law.

My question is, even though I'm paying with cash and financing w/ my own credit union, do I still have to fill out this form?
Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote