View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 08:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Buddy Revell
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 08 Infiniti G37
Buddy Revell is on a distinguished road
Default My GTM Supercharger Review

After having GTM's SC kit on my G37 6MT for over 4,000 mi, I just wanted to give my 2 cents about it. In short, it's everything I wanted in a supercharger system for my Infiniti. Significant power throughout the rev-range, factory-smooth driveability, great price, clean looks, refined sound, everything: I give this kit two thumbs up.

Now, I will say that I can only give it a 99 out of 100 and not a perfect score because I'm not putting up as much peak power as others with this kit (about 400 to the wheels on 91 octane but a great 340 ft-lbs. of torque). However, my main goal with my G wasn't peak hp. I was more interested in torque and useable power, something that I was totally unsatisfied with when I only had bolt-on mods. A peak hp increase that's only available at 6-7k rpms wasn't cutting it. I wanted to have as much low-end and mid-range grunt as possible (which makes the biggest difference for my daily-driver) but also have enough top-end power to spank M3s and IS-Fs when I feel like it. I have all of that and then some.

Since I was an early adopter, I did have to deal with the flutter and boost taper issues. I waited to post a review until I got those solved and until I could get a better feel about how the SC kit performed day in and day out. Idle in all temperatures has been rock solid. Power has improved greatly but is still smooth and linear throughout the rpm range. No detonation problems with the crappy Cali gas regardless of the weather. I don't have the dynos to post, but Sam has 'em if you guys wanna ask him about them.

The customer service I received from Sam and the guys at GTM has been absolutely top-notch as well. They did definitely take their time when working on my ride, but I'd rather have that than have them rush everything and not do the job right. Finally, I want to add that I'm no fanboy with a blind allegiance to any one brand over another. I live 5 min. from Stillen, have been to their headquarters many times, have bought parts from them for my past two cars, and will probably buy stuff from them in the future. However, when GTM released their SC kit, it was exactly what I was looking for. After finding out first-hand how it has performed for months now, I can honestly say that they have absolutely delivered.