View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 04:12 PM   #96 (permalink)
Hi-Step'n370Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '10ZR S/B AT Tour NV
Hi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by B52EWO View Post
It's been over a week since my top was replaced, and I've not cycled it since the first day when I got home – and it still doesn't close properly. If the car has been in the sun, it closes fine, but if I park in the underground lot where it's cool (even in Southwest Florida), it comes up just short of the windshield pillar so the latches come up just short of catching.

I'll keep trying for another week or so and then take it back to the dealer for an adjustment if it still doesn't close. It seems to bind just a tiny bit on the roll bar when it goes through its second phase of closing - after the toneau cover has closed. It actually closes in a much smoother fashion than the original top so I'm pretty satisfied so far. I'm confident the dealer will make it right but I agree with Hi-Step’n370Z – Nissan should initiate a TSB on this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B52EWO View Post
I agree with Hi-Step’n370Z – Nissan should initiate a TSB on this issue.
Does anyone know how TSB's are initiated?

I don't know how many oil burning issues there were before Nissan put out a TSB on it, but since the number of top tear/wear issues is beginning to look like it may be on the increase, the numbers may be close to crossing over the line of a TSB on the problem.

I am not trying to be a fire starter, but as others have mentioned, and I agree, this top tear issue is no joke, and it may be increasing in numbers, making it a legitimate serious issue. And I must add; an expensive issue as well.

A couple of months ago, I was of the mindset that only a "few" Roadster owners were affected due to some manufacturing glitch, or other damage between manufacturing and delivery, but lately, I am not so sure I feel the same way.

As we all progress forward, watching what seems to be an ongoing or possibly an increasing-in-numbers issue, I think the first question to ask is; does anyone know what has to happen to initiate a TSB from Nissan?
Hi-Step'n370Z is offline   Reply With Quote