View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 03:42 PM   #249 (permalink)
LMBmikeZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th
LMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibze View Post
Lol and Mike has lost it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripomaxx2000 View Post
HA HA ! Agreed !!! Mike has lost it !!!
Ya I know I have lost it, lost it was last week this week I am crazy!!!!!! I always hate christmas, between putting up with the mass stupidity of society and knowing that I will be stuck in places I would much rather not be (christmas dinners)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripomaxx2000 View Post
LOL, I get the picture, LOL. HO HO HO ! Don't worry, it will be over in two weeks.

Well, in heavy snow, I will definitely be driving my RSX. In light snow, it would be either the RSX or Z. Afterall, what was the point of the buying the Blizzaks, right ?

Are you in the London area, Mike ? Explains why you would want to park your Z for the winter season. Southwestern Ontario got pounded with snow over the last few weeks, unlike here in Toronto where there is very little snow on the roads and people are still complaining, LOL !
Ya kinda close to London, but really I am closer to Kitchener-Waterloo. I don't mind the snow though cause I love snowboarding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibze View Post
My biggest thing about parking my Z is the salt... It only cost me around $4,000 for my winter car. When I look at how much it would have cost for rims and winter tires I don't mind spending maybe an extra $2,000 on a car and knowing my Z will not see salt.

Also as Mike said I save about $50 a month on ins. but that is taken by having to pay for parking so that even's out...

Edit: Another big bonus for me is right now I drive 100+ K's a day so I am able to spread that out between two cars and not overload my Z
splitting the KMS is really nice, especially when it is the harsh weather the Z is not seeing!

As far as the insurance issue, I am only 24 and pay $203/month for full coverage..... but for parking insurance I am only paying $33 so the savings are huge! plus on the beater I only spent >$1000 to get one! Then to get PL PD insurance (the bare minimum to drive in Ontario) it is dirty cheap, just under $60. I also have gotten just over 2 years of driving out of my last one with no problems! I love it cheap and I don't care about them to much so I can use it to do any odd jobs and fill it full of crap! this year I got a 97 pathfinder, the last 2 summers when I was driving a 95 pathfinder. Both cost me less then $1000 and as I said I got 2 years out of my last one and still got $450 back on it when I sold it in the spring and got my 370!
LMBmikeZ is offline   Reply With Quote