View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 11:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
fly yellow
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 yellow 370z
fly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't had the Z in snow yet, and we don't get a lot of snow in Baltimore, so it wasn't a concern. I can tell you that at one time I did have a 91 MR2. That was rear wheel drive and I lived in Pittsburgh for 2 years while I had it. Pittsburgh has snow and lots of hills. I used to drive back and forth from Pittsburgh to Baltimore every other weekend and I never had any issues at all. Now the MR2 was mid engine, so that may have helped with having some extra weight over the drive wheels. I've also had a Mustang GT which never gave me problems in the snow, and a Cadillac CTS RWD that did fine in the snow. You wouldn't want to take any of them out until after the plows have passed, but I imagine you have the same deal with the Mazda.