View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 10:26 PM   #96 (permalink)
antennahead
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '07 Z4 "M" Roadster
antennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by frost View Post
^ doesn't that seem like it will work in reverse however, when those of us in warm weather are sending our cars back under state lemon laws? I mean, I'm a little rusty, but I believe if it overheats 4 times without it being fixed, it would be considered a lemon here.
There is a lot of debate here about "tracking" the car and Nissan not being interested in lowering temps for that/versus warranty, etc. I can see that argument. However, there are many here in warm climates that are hitting 260 with minimal effort already. Is Nissan going to step up to the plate and say that improvements in metalurgy and lubricants will now allow these temps with no longterm effects on the engine? I guess as an earlier poster stated, someone needs an independant authority to do some testing on this and report some results.......... maybe that dude from 370.com that posts here quite often?

John
antennahead is offline   Reply With Quote