View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #86 (permalink)
dszombiex
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z MB 7AT
dszombiex has a reputation beyond reputedszombiex has a reputation beyond reputedszombiex has a reputation beyond reputedszombiex has a reputation beyond reputedszombiex has a reputation beyond reputedszombiex has a reputation beyond reputedszombiex has a reputation beyond reputedszombiex has a reputation beyond reputedszombiex has a reputation beyond reputedszombiex has a reputation beyond reputedszombiex has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think the point is that anyone wants to take legal action against Nissan because they went to the track and the car went into limp mode.
And I personally don't want a free oil cooler from them.

I think the point is that if any of us have an oil cooler installed and then some time down the road have a random failure/breakdown (as is inevitable with cars), Nissan doesn't then go say "Whoops, the *insert random failure* happened because you have an oil cooler installed! Give us lots of money to fix it!".

Does this really seem unreasonable? This is just Nissan being opportunistic and trying to mitigate warranty costs by pushing them on to the customer...
dszombiex is offline   Reply With Quote