View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 06:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Portlis
Base Member

Drives: 370z, Black, Sport
Portlis is on a distinguished road

Well hmm...

I'll be honest with you guys, you've done a great job of "selling" me on the sports package, but an even better job of convincing me that I should probably not get the car in the first place.

It's just not practical for me to own 2 vehicles. I only have 1 garage spot to store my vehicle in, and I'm not going to park a second vehicle outside in the freezing cold that I need to get into every day. Plus moving it around when the snow plow comes around... just not going to happen.

Plus, buying a winter beater is another hassle and cost I don't need. There's going to be a cost associated with buying the vehicle in the first place, and the whole reason I avoid beaters is because of the maintenance they require. No, I'm only interested in a car that I can drive year round. Like I said, I'm simply just sick of my current car, but I don't NEED a new one. My little Mazda 3 only has 37k miles on it and still runs perfectly. I'm absolutely not considering any other vehicle at the moment. Only interested in the Z because I like it. I wouldn't be happy with anything else.

Now, I'd be open to the idea of snow tires completely... but if its still going to get stuck in even a little bit of snow due to the low profile of the car, then I guess it just won't work out.

I'll think about it a bit more I suppose, but its kind of looking like I first need to get out of Minnesota before I can really get an awesome car like this.

Last edited by Portlis; 06-06-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Portlis is offline   Reply With Quote